Yesterday Orbx announced an add-on to London City Airport (EGLC/LCY) for X-Plane 11. This will finally make it one of England’s most popular destinations for TrueEarth Great Britain South. However, the airport will be usable again without the area scenery. Among the main features are a detailed implementation of the airport and its buildings, high-resolution textures with PBR effects and much more. Further information can be found in the announcement thread in the Orbx Forum.
More about Orbx’s London City Airport
In addition to the features mentioned above, London City Airport will also have orthotextures with a resolution of 60cm for X-Plane 11 from Orbx, in order to embed itself as perfectly as possible in TrueEarth Great Britain South. In addition to the airport, its immediate surroundings will also be implemented. One of the highlights of the scenery will undoubtedly be the dynamic fire brigade. This moves out as soon as an emergency is reported during the approach and positions itself at the aircraft after landing. In the announcement of Orbx the scenery is summarized as follows:
- Full HD PBR representation of London City Airport and surroundings.
- HD textures throughout
- PBR groundpolygon with dry, damp and wet states.
- All new highly detailed PBR Ground Service Equipment and Clutter models
- Realistic road traffic on surrounding streets
- Includes the Excel building, Tate & Lyle Sugar factory and all surrounding high-rise buildings.
- 60cm orthoimagery blended to match TrueEarth GB South
- Includes realistic approach and airport lighting.
- Introducing all new detailed HD PBR static aircraft models
- Dynamic Fire & Rescue response – fire service will respond when an aircraft emergency is declared on approach. Fire trucks will deploy to your aircraft position once on the ground
The add-on will be released soon on Orbx Direct. Also, excitement from Prepar3D pilots is inappropriate, as Aimee Sanjari has already confirmed that the scenery will also be announced for this flight simulator very soon. All information can be found in the thread linked above.